Carbon Initiative Forum is a (licensed company Not for Profit) company limited by shares under section 8 (1) of the Companies Act, 2013. The company registered at 41/1, 4th Floor, Rayyan Towers, Church Street, Bangalore – 560001, Karnataka, India, with CIN No. U74900KA2015NPL080757. Carbon Initiative Forum makes this Site available to the public and customers to be able to access information about its business, activities, products and services.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use Carbon Initiative Forum’s website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of India. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Ownership of content
The Site and all its contents including, but not limited to, the text, Site (as well as the organization and layout of the Site), design, logos, graphics, icons and images (the “Content”) are owned and copyrighted by Carbon Initiative Forum or others (including our licensors) with all rights reserved unless otherwise stated. All trademarks, copyright, database rights, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (together “the Rights”) in the Content and the Rights in any software or underlying software code that is made available for download from the Site (“Software”) are owned by us or our licensors or are otherwise used by us as permitted by applicable law.
Your use of the site
Carbon Initiative Forum hereby grants you permission to use the Site as follows:
• Except where purchasing any publications (in which case our conditions of sale will apply) you may download the Content, but only for informational, non-commercial, non-profitable and personal use and provided that you do not remove, adapt, alter or obscure any of the information, Content or notices (such as copyright and other proprietary notices) contained in the Content. You may not (without the prior written permission of Carbon Initiative Forum or in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, as amended) copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, store in any medium (including in any other website), transmit, re-transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use the Content (including, but not limited to, “caching” any material on the Site for access by third parties or “mirroring” any material on the Site) in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of the Content or the Site requires the prior written permission of Carbon Initiative Forum;
• Content within the “News & Insights”, “Events” and/ “Press” sections of the Site may be reproduced solely for editorial purposes in daily newspapers, general circulation news magazines, trade publications and broadcast media;
• You may not distribute, modify, copy (except as set out herein), transmit, display, reuse, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or otherwise use Content without Carbon Initiative Forum’s prior written permission;
• You may not create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically downloading and storing any Content on the Site;
• You are responsible for complying with local laws and regulations of the jurisdiction from which you access this Site. This Site should not be accessed in any jurisdiction where for any reason the publication or availability of this Site is prohibited. Carbon Initiative Forum does not warrant or represent that this Site complies with laws in all jurisdictions. If you are in doubt, you should seek legal advice and if necessary, terminate your use of this Site immediately;
• You are prohibited from using the Site to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation;
• You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Site, any material for which you have not obtained all necessary licences or approvals or which is technically harmful (including; without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data);
you may not misuse the Site (including, without limitation, by (i) hacking; (ii) defacing, altering or interfering with the front end ‘look and feel’ of this Site; (iii) obtaining or attempting to obtain unauthorized access (via whatever means) to any of our networks; (iv) by taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this Site or related infrastructure; or by (v) using any software, routine or device to interfere or attempt to interfere electronically or manually with the operation or functionality of this Site (including but not limited to uploading or making available files containing corrupt data or viruses via whatever means));
• Responsibility for your keeping secure any passwords issued rests with you;
you are solely responsible for any information you post to any forums or discussions hosted on the Site and you warrant that any such information is non-confidential and non-proprietary;
• You agree that any information posted on forums or discussions hosted on the Site will not be false, unlawful, misleading, libellous, defamatory, obscene or indecent, nor any information that may infringe the rights of any third party; and
• You retain ownership of your content but you hereby grant us a limited license to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
If on registration to any of our services or products on the Site (or on amendment of your registration details) you provide us with an email address or contact details that may result in any emails we send you or contact we make with you being via a computer network or other facility provided or operated by or on behalf of your employer, educational establishment or other third party, then by so doing you are warranting that you are entitled to receive emails to that address and such other contacts. You also agree that we may stop sending any emails to such address without notifying you, even if you have subscribed to receive them or any other service, if we receive a request from your employer, educational establishment or other third party to stop sending emails to that address.
Carbon Initiative Forum reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or permanently block your access to this Site or any portion of it without prior notice.
The Content on this Site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them. Please use the Contact Email ID to notify us of any errors. Carbon Initiative Forum reserves the right to make changes periodically to this Site at any time and without notice. However, Carbon Initiative Forum makes no commitment to regularly update the information contained on this Site. While Carbon Initiative Forum has made reasonable efforts to ensure that the information contained within the Site is accurate, you should be aware that the information it contains may be incomplete, incorrect, or may have become out of date. In addition, while it is our goal to minimize disruption caused by technical errors, Carbon Initiative Forum does not guarantee that this Site (or your access to it) will operate uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be periodically corrected or that it is compatible with your computer, hardware or software.
The information, advice and opinions expressed in this Site are of a general nature only and are not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity. It should not be relied upon for personal, legal, financial or other reasons or decisions. If you need specific advice, you should consult Carbon Initiative Forum or another suitably qualified professional for advice tailored to your situation.
Please note that it cannot be guaranteed that a document available on-line exactly reproduces an officially adopted text or publication. Only original hard copy materials obtained from Carbon Initiative Forum should be deemed authentic.
Carbon initiative forum has used reasonable care and skill in relation to the content in this site. However, all content (including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to each and any of carbon initiative forum, its products and services (or to third party products and services)) and all publications are subject to change and are provided to you on an “as is” and on an “as available” basis. Carbon initiative forum does not and shall not be deemed to make any guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever (whether express or in any way implied) to the fullest extent permitted by law, including, but not limited to, in relation to the accuracy, completeness, comprehensiveness, method or quality of compilation, preparation or production, suitability, merchantability, fitness for any purpose or any particular purpose, non-infringement of any intellectual property or law, compatibility, security of the content and/or the site nor that either the content or the site is up to date. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Without limiting the foregoing, carbon initiative forum neither warrants nor represents that your use of any content will not infringe the rights of any third parties.
Carbon Initiative Forum shall not have any liability or responsibility whatsoever and howsoever arising for any information provided OR not provided on this Site nor for the failure of or defects in any of our services offered on this Site, including but not limited to provision of information about our campaigns (such as our strategic campaign to manage the business impact of climate change; our operational campaign to cut carbon emissions and costs; and our campaign to make a personal difference). Information provided by third parties for use on the site (including through forums or discussions) is done so without any verification by Carbon Initiative Forum and no liability whatsoever is accepted by Carbon Initiative Forum in respect of such information. Any opinions expressed by third parties on this Site are not necessarily the opinions of Carbon Initiative Forum. Your use of the Site is at your own risk.
Exclusion of liability
Your use of the site (including without limitation your downloading of any software or data) is at your own risk. Carbon initiative forum does not have and shall not be deemed to have any liability or responsibility whatsoever and howsover arising in relation to either the content or the site and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, shall not have or be deemed to have any liability or responsibility whatsoever in relation to each or any of the accuracy, completeness, comprehensiveness, method or quality of compilation, preparation or production, suitability, merchantability, fitness for any purpose or any particular purpose, non-infringement of any intellectual property or law, compatibility, security of the content and/or the site nor that either the content or the site is up to date.
If your use of material on this site results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
If you are dissatisfied with any portion of this site you’re sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using it.
Links to third party web sites
The Site may contain links to websites owned or operated by parties other than Carbon Initiative Forum. Such links are provided for your convenience only. If you use these links, you may leave the Site or, alternatively, the link and third party website content may be framed within this Site. Carbon Initiative Forum has not reviewed all of these third party websites or such framed content, and does not control, and is not responsible for their operation nor for the content on or privacy policies on, or the security of, such websites. Without limiting the foregoing, Carbon Initiative Forum specifically disclaims and shall not have or be deemed to have any responsibility if such websites:
• Infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights;
• Are inaccurate, incomplete or misleading;
• Are not merchantable or fit for a particular purpose;
• Do not provide adequate security;
• Contain viruses or other items of a destructive nature; or
• Are libelous or defamatory.
Carbon Initiative Forum also does not endorse or make any representations about the content or any products or services available on such websites or any results which may be obtained by using them. Carbon Initiative Forum shall not be assumed to be associated with the operators or administrators of such websites and is not responsible for them. If you access such websites or establish a link to such websites or the Site, you do so at your own risk and without the permission or deemed permission of Carbon Initiative Forum.
Linking to this site
If you provide hyperlinks to the home page of this Site (but not to other pages within this Site), you agree that you:
• May link to, but may not replicate, any Content;
• Shall not frame or otherwise create a browser or border environment around any Content;
• Shall not imply that Carbon Initiative Forum is endorsing you or your products or services;
• Shall not misrepresent you or your website’s relationship with Carbon Initiative Forum;
• Shall not present false, misleading or inaccurate information about Carbon Initiative Forum or Carbon Initiative Forum’s products or services on your website or otherwise disparage or denigrate Carbon Initiative Forum’s products or services;
• Shall not use Carbon Initiative Forum’s logos, trademarks, service marks or suchlike without express prior written permission from Carbon Initiative Forum;
• Shall not include content on your website that is or could be construed as illegal, distasteful, offensive or controversial, which infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations and you shall include on your website only content that is appropriate for all age groups;
• Shall not remove or obscure any of the information, Content or notices contained on the Site;
• Shall not link the Site to a website that is not owned by you;
• Shall inform Carbon Initiative Forum in writing of the link; and
• Shall immediately discontinue the link if instructed to do so by Carbon Initiative Forum.
Product and service available on this site and third party websites linked to this site
Modification of the Term of Use
 The term ” Carbon Initiative Forum” is hereinafter used to designate Carbon Initiative Forum and every wholly owned subsidiary from time to time of Carbon Initiative Forum (“Subsidiaries”) and every wholly owned subsidiary of such Subsidiaries. The term “subsidiary” has the meaning given to that term in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.